Page-Links Plus affiliates and resellers

Page-Links Plus

#pagelinksplus

A WordPress pagination plugin that helps users paginate content easily & efficiently.

Smarter auto-pagination

Home Forums Suggestions Smarter auto-pagination

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Studio Hyperset 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Jenxi

I have a suggestion regarding the use of auto-pagination. Right now, my articles are split at every 1400 words. However, there are some articles that are slightly above the threshold but not by much. This results in an extra page being created that has very few words.

Would it be possible to have a threshold for the low end? Meaning, for example, if the last page is less than 300 words, it would not be split into a new page but remains a part of the previous page.

• #585 Reply

Studio Hyperset
    Keymaster

Hi, Jenxi:

This is a really interesting idea. I could imagine replacing the one variable split with a range or, as you suggest, supplying a low-end variable as well

Thank you for your feedback and your interest in PLP.

• #592 Reply

Jenxi

That’s great! Will this be implemented soon?

• #601 Reply

Studio Hyperset
    Keymaster

Hi, Jenxi:

We’ll do our best to work it into the next release. Thanks again!

• #676 Reply

Jenxi

Any updates on this? I’m still looking forward to such a function for my sites.

• #677 Reply

Studio Hyperset
    Keymaster

Hi, Jenxi:

We’re still working on this. However, the code’s available on GitHub if you or anyone you know would like to add this feature:

https://github.com/studiohyperset/page-links-single-page-option

• #679 Reply

Jenxi

Where can I find the code on GitHub?

• #681 Reply

Studio Hyperset
    Keymaster

Hi, Jenxi:

See the link in my previous comment: https://github.com/studiohyperset/page-links-single-page-option

Reply To: Smarter auto-pagination
Your information:

Get PLP

$10

Page-Links Plus helps WordPress developers, site managers, and lay users paginate content easily & efficiently. Buy now »