Page-Links Plus affiliates and resellers

Page-Links Plus

#pagelinksplus

A WordPress pagination plugin that helps users paginate content easily & efficiently.

Plugin causing error on 404 page

Home Forums Support Plugin causing error on 404 page

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  frank g. 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Sean Bennick

I’m getting the following error on my 404 page and need some help correcting it.

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/wordpress/public/wp-content/plugins/auto-pagination/auto-pagination-functions.php on line 74

I want to check if the page is serving a 404 error and turn off pagination for that page.

http://mental-health-matters.com/?s=vfdgsb

• #549 Reply

Studio Hyperset
    Keymaster

Hi, Sean:

First, thanks for using PLP.

Second, strictly speaking, this isn’t a PLP issue. Instead, it’s a PHP issue, and it can be fixed by upgrading the version of PHP that your server is running and/or adjusting your error reporting settings. (See this post from Stack Overflow.)

Finally, if you want to disable pagination from your 404 page, you’ll want to remove the wp_link_pages function from your theme’s 404.php file.

Please let us know if you have other questions/issues.

Thanks!

• #550 Reply

Sean Bennick

Thanks, got it working right.

• #551 Reply

Studio Hyperset
    Keymaster

Fantastic, Sean! Thanks for following up.

• #697 Reply

frank g.

We are using the wordpress theme Twenty Fourteen which hasn’t got the wp_link_pages function. Is there another workaround to avoid the error on 404 page?

• #698 Reply

Studio Hyperset
    Keymaster

Hi, Frank:

Thanks for being a PLP user.

As for your question, I’m not entirely sure what’s malfunctioning on your site. However, default WP themes like Twenty Fourteen all have the wp_link_pages function. We’re using the Twenty Fifteen theme on the demo site for precisely this reason.

I suspect we’re dealing with either a theme issue or a plugin conflict. You might review this guide, just to ensure this issue isn’t one of the more common conflicts we see:

Troubleshooting

If none of those fixes address your issue, please feel free to circle back. We’ll dig a little deeper.

Thanks!

• #699 Reply

frank g.

Hi,

I’ve gone through this already. As far as I am able to figure out my PHP 7 is giving an error message on the 404 page (404.php)

<b>Warning</b>: Creating default object from empty value in <b>/homepages/22/d485301295/htdocs/blog/wp-content/plugins/auto-pagination/auto-pagination-functions.php</b> on line <b>76</b><br />

System Status of PLP is giving me a warning as well:

Pagination Function: File not Found
    You’ll want to verify your theme uses the wp_link_pages function, which is the preferred, best-practices WP pagination function.
    Usually, this function appears in the single.php template, but it might also be elsewhere. If your theme doesn’t include this function, you’ll want to swap it in.

We are using Twenty Fourteen out of the box and the is no wp_link_pages function in single.php. For the rest plp is working as expected.

Reply To: Plugin causing error on 404 page
Your information:

Cancel

Get PLP

$10

Page-Links Plus helps WordPress developers, site managers, and lay users paginate content easily & efficiently. Buy now »