Page-Links Plus affiliates and resellers

Page-Links Plus

#pagelinksplus

A WordPress pagination plugin that helps users paginate content easily & efficiently.

Can I select the pages I want linked?

Home Forums Support Can I select the pages I want linked?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Studio Hyperset 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Brian

How does PLP know what pages I want linked in the pagination on my site. At the moment I am using sub menus but would prefer page links, as in sponsor me menu tab.
    Thanks
    Brian

• #355 Reply

Studio Hyperset
    Keymaster

Hi, Brian:

Thanks for your interest in PLP.

I think there might be some confusion about how the plugin can help you. At the moment, PLP can help you manage pagination for single pages and posts (and custom posts). That is, if you break a single page/post into smaller, paginated units, PLP will help you automate, manage, and style the links.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but you’re interested in paginating across pages and posts, yes? That is, replacing a submenu structure with a “next page/post” / “previous page/post” structure.

This is an interesting feature that we can work into future dev cycles. At the moment, though, I’m afraid PLP doesn’t address this sort of pagination.

However, you can easily insert this feature into your theme. Here are the two functions you’ll need:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/next_post_link

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/previous_post_link

Generally, you’d just drop these in your single post/page template (inside the Loop).

Thanks again for your interest in PLP!

• #357 Reply

Brian

Thanks for the reply, You understand me correctly,thanks, yes I want to join pages, as you say, rather than have sub menus because I will end up with over 10 sub menus. So, if I were to put my already made pages onto one page making it a long page then I can work it this way?
    First I will try the links you have provided.

Kind regards
    Brian

• #414 Reply

Studio Hyperset
    Keymaster

Hi, Brian:

You might test the strategy you have in mind on the PLP demo site. That should help you discover whether or not PLP will support your approach.

Thanks!

Reply To: Can I select the pages I want linked?
Your information:

Get PLP

$10

Page-Links Plus helps WordPress developers, site managers, and lay users paginate content easily & efficiently. Buy now »