Page-Links Plus affiliates and resellers

Page-Links Plus

#pagelinksplus

A WordPress pagination plugin that helps users paginate content easily & efficiently.

Reply To: Plugin Issues

Home Forums Support Plugin Issues Reply To: Plugin Issues

#301 Reply

Studio Hyperset
Keymaster

Hi, Alex:

First, thanks so much for your interest in Page-Links Plus and for your purchase.

As for the problem you describe, here’s a bit of background:

The PLP demo site (demo.pagelinksplus.com) always runs the latest WordPress nightly release and the most up-to-date versions of Page-Links Plus and the default WordPress theme. (At present, this is “Twenty Fifteen.”) The demo instance is also as “plugin light” as possible. In addition to Page-Links Plus, it runs only a handful of essential plugins, none of which interfere with one another or Page-Links Plus.

As such, if Page-Links Plus works in the demo environment, any issues purchasers face in their own instances can be attributed to plugin conflicts, outdated WordPress core files, theme problems (usually a missing <?php wp_link_pages(); ?> function), and/or other local issues.

In your case, since you’re running an up-to-date version of WordPress, I’d start with plugins and theme issues.

Here are a few suggestions:

• First, you’ll want to verify your theme uses this function: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_link_pages, which is the preferred, best-practices WP pagination function. Usually, this function appears in the single.php template, but it might also be elsewhere. If your theme doesn’t include this function, you’ll want to swap it in. (Here’s the depreciated function, in case you need to try finding and replacing it: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/link_pages.)
  • Second, if you verify that your theme includes the wp_link_pages functuion, try deactivating all your plugins (save PLP). If PLP works on its own, try reactivating the other plugins until you find the conflicting one.

If PLP still doesn’t work at that point, let me know.

I’ve also emailed this response to you.

Thanks!

Get PLP

$10

Page-Links Plus helps WordPress developers, site managers, and lay users paginate content easily & efficiently. Buy now »